In response to recent natural disasters, the IRS is offering two webinars. These online events help tax professionals better understand tax relief for victims of disasters.
- The web conferences cover:
- Tax relief for individuals and businesses
- Special rules for disaster areas
- How disaster losses affect taxes
- Calculating and reporting disaster area losses
- Tax issues related to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria
Each session will also include a live question and answer session.
The IRS designed these webinars to help tax professionals with disaster related issues. Tax preparers receive a certificate of completion. They can also earn up to two continuing education credits for attending. Use these links to register:
- Oct. 18, 2017: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. EST
- Oct. 19, 2017: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. EST – this conference includes closed captioning
For more information about tax issues related to disasters, tax preparers and taxpayers can visit the Tax Relief in Disaster Situations page on IRS.gov.